Mittwoch, Mai 10, 2006

What it takes

I was wondering for days about things I could do
Tormented by my fears of rejection and ridicule
I thought of so many things to say to you
that did sound so stupid in my own ears.

And to tell you the truth: I am still!

I'm wondering what to to, to make you fall in love with me.
Wondering what to do, so that you may care.
I just don't want to be another random quote in your book of life
but rather the plot it revolves around.

So what would it take for me to make you see?
Tell me what it takes to be heard by you.
'Cause whatever it may be, I'd do it
for I would gladly do anything to gain your love.

Perhaps, if you give me a sign I can stop
crying myself to sleep every night.
Or maybe I can stop to search for your eyes
constantly looking away at the last second.

Although I never seem to look at you,
although I never say a word in your presence
I see every single move you make, every smile
that graces your face.

And while I'm doing all this, carefully, as to avoid suspicions
there's only one thought in my head
swirrling around, chasing my peace of mind:
What it would take to make you feel for me?

Keine Kommentare: